I’m sure some of you have seen this great video from google.
Check it out here:
While this is aimed at the checkout process, it makes a great point that buying/purchasing/finding information online should be EASY!
Now let me ask you this, how easy do you make it for your customers to contact you or purchase from you online?
Have you run through and tested what the EXPERIENCE for your CLIENTS or customers is like?
The easiest way to do this is to take a few steps in your own customers shoes. Alternatively, get some people you know to run through the entire process and get them to answer some key questions. This is known as USABILITY Testing.
You will be AMAZED at the small things that you find, most of the time it will provide you a few ‘Ah ha!’ moments! You will suddenly realise why you are loosing people at different steps in your growth hacking funnel.
Here are a few things that I guarantee some of you will find:
– Some important link or contact form is not working
– The automated emails you send may have a few spelling mistakes
– Its hard to activate your account or to create a new account
– After you fill in the contact form, it takes a few hours for someone to contact you.
– You don’t seem to understand the benefits of the product from the website copy.
– Its difficult to pay or you are unsure of what the next step is.
– You realise your call to action button is hard to find.
What did you find out? As a customer to your own site, was it an easy process?
After a few simple tweaks, you will be amazed at how the conversion rates of different steps in your sales funnel increase.
In the next post, we will dive deeper into how we can optimise each step by using the B . J. Fogg Behavioural Model.