I trust you have had a really productive week, like the team here at Premium Animations!
Today, I wanted to discuss how sales videos and website animations help increase sales for startups and small businesses. This is important because there are a number of different styles of web videos, each of which are used for alternate purposes.
In my last post, I discussed ‘Growth Hacking‘ and introduced the concept of the ‘Growth Hacking Funnel‘. The growth hacking funnel looks something like this:
Each step in the funnel is a ‘user state‘. In order to optimise for growth we need increase conversions at every step in the funnel.
Now, obviously some business models are different, but this funnel is pretty applicable to both online and offline businesses. Here’s an example of each step in the funnel for two different businesses.
How are website animations and sales videos related to this?
Well, website animations or product videos can actually be used to increase conversions at a number of different steps in this funnel. If you can increase conversions at any one of these stages, you will be making more sales!
Knowing which step in funnel the animation will be used for is very important because it defines the animation’s content and style. When you know the specific purpose for the animation, it can be tailored to ensure you get highest possible conversion rate.
Typically, website animations and sales videos are most widely used for the ACQUISITION, ACTIVATION and RETENTION steps in the funnel.
Here’s some of the most famous examples.
AQUISITION: To acquire new customers and get them to your site/store.
– Dollar Shave Club: Created a hilarious web video that went viral, check it out here.
– Old Spice: I’m sure everyone has seen this one…watch it again here.
ACTIVATION: To get the customer to register or start using your product/service.
– Dropbox: One of the best of all time, perfectly explains their product. Here it is.
– A heap of Premium Animation Clients as well of course (PLUG!) : eRx, Naked Mort., Binked, Rates Direct…….and many more!
RETENTION: To bring the customer back or get them more engaged with your product.
– Salesforce: Have a huge range of great explanational videos to get customers to learn about all the features of salesforce. Check some here.
– Google: Always producing videos which help customers to learn extra product features to ensure they keep coming back!
So there you have it!
Before you go out and get a web animation made, make sure you think about what it is being used for.
Don’t worry though, at Premium Animations we analyse your entire business and make sure we tailor the animation for its specific purpose! We’ve created animations for all the steps in the funnel and know what works best…..
Chat soon guys!